TikTok is the social media of the moment, especially among the very young. After some reticence, you have decided to try your hand with this app where the videos are short, light, and fun contents; and in the end, you got a taste for it, and prepare the videos in advance and publishing them. When they seem to be edited in a professional manner or think that a greater number of people can see them, you usually save drafts on TikTok. Is everything easy? Unfortunately not, because these projects may cancel each other, making the time taken to carry them out vain.
You spent hours “tweaking” on your smartphone to perfect your next TikTok, assembling several video clips together and adding filters, stickers, and effects of all kinds. You are sure you have done a great job, and you are counting on getting lots of views, likes, and comments. Usually, people buy TikTok likes and views. Everything is perfect, only that you decide not to share your TikTok videos immediately, but to save it in drafts and make it public later. And then, when you are finally ready to click on “Publish,” you realize that your sketch has disappeared and that all your work has been lost. How is it possible? How to save and recover drafts on TikTok then? You may find an answer to your questions in this guide.
How to create and archive a draft on TikTok
It is important to understand how to make and save a draft on TikTok. In reality, this process is truly elementary, consisting of a few steps that we will now see together.
Here is the procedure to follow:
- Open the app and click on the + button (middle, bottom) to record a new video or upload an existing one from the gallery;
- Make any changes you deem necessary for the frames and then tap on Next;
- Make other changes, for example, by inserting caption, hashtag, and tag, selecting a cover, and choosing the Drafts option.
You’re done: in this way, you will have obtained your draft to continue editing later, if you wish, and to be published at any time you want.
How to find and edit a draft on TikTok
Have you saved your video but don’t know where to find it? Again, the steps to follow are few and simple.
Here is what you need to do to locate a draft on TikTok:
- Open the app and go to your profile by tapping on the stylized little man icon corresponding to the ‘Me’ option (bottom right);
- You will see all the videos you have published and, before these, the Drafts folder, indicating the number of contents present. Touch it to access it;
- Once in the folder, choose the video you are interested in.
You will have the opportunity to continue editing the video before making it visible to followers. If you are wondering what the actions are that you can perform on a draft of TikTok, here are some of them:
- Add or modify the caption, hashtags, and tags;
- By clicking on “Select cover,” you can choose the preview of your TikTok, the one that everyone will see by scrolling in the app and which acts as the “business card” of the video in question;
- Enable or disable options such as “Allow comments” and “Allow duet and reaction”;
- Edit the draft in many other ways, by touching the “Back” option and indulging yourself through filters, stickers, and effects;
- Adjust the video clip, intervening on sounds and dubbing, and obviously adding, modifying, or deleting the previously inserted text.
For the moment, TikTok does not support drafts in the cloud, but it is not said that this will not become possible in the more or less near future. You can continue to keep up to date on the app website, in particular in the “newsroom” section, where the latest news on TikTok is published regularly, including new features and changes to existing ones.
In the meantime, if you don’t want to risk accidentally losing your drafts (and all the sweaty hours of editing behind it), we recommend that you keep this guide as a reference and do everything possible to keep your work tight. And if you want to get more eyes on your videos, don’t hesitate to buy TikTok views.